Benediction, 6 April 1841

  • Source Note
Page 376
image
The architects then, by direction of the First Presidency, lowered the first (S. E. corner) stone to its place, and Pres’t. Joseph Smith pronounced the benediction as follows, “This principal corner stone, in representation of the First Presidency, is now duly laid in honor of the great God; and may it there remain until the whole fabric is completed; and may the same be accomplished speedily; that the Saints may have a place to worship God, and the Son of Man have where to lay his head.” [p. 376]
The architects then, by direction of the First Presidency, lowered the first (S. E. corner) stone to its place, and Pres’t. Joseph Smith pronounced the benediction as follows, “This principal corner stone, in representation of the First Presidency, is now duly laid in honor of the great God; and may it there remain until the whole fabric is completed; and may the same be accomplished speedily; that the Saints may have a place to worship God, and the Son of Man have where to lay his head.” [p. 376]
Page 376