of the Lord, and that they should be
preserved unto the end of <March 28 Seth’s Likeness to
the earth, because he (Seth) was a perfect man, and his likeness was the
express likeness image of his father’s, insomuch
that he seemed to be like unto his father in all things; and could be
distin guished from him only by his age.
20. Enos was ordained at the age of 134 years, and four months, by the
hand of Adam.
21. God called upon Cainan in the wilderness, in the fortieth year of his
age and he met Adam in journeying to the place Shedolamak; he was eighty
seven years old when he received his ordination.
22. Mahalaleel was 496 years and seven days old when he was ordained by
the hand of Adam, who also blessed him.——
23. Jared was 200 years old when he was ordained under the hand of Adam,
who also blessed him.
24. Enoch was 25 years old when he was ordained under the hand of Adam,
blessed him, and he was
65 and Adam blessed him— and he saw the Lord: and he saw the Lord and
he walked with him, and was before his face contin ually; and he walked
with God 365 years: making 430 years old when he was translated.
25. Methuselah was 100 years old when he was ordained under the hand of
26. Lamech was 32 years old when he was ordained under the hand of
27. Noah was 10 years old when he was ordained under the hand of
bestows his last blessing on his posterity>
28 Three years previous to the death of Adam, he called Seth, Enos,
Cainan, Mahalaleel, Jared, Enoch, and Methuselah, who were all high
priests, with the residue of his posterity, who were righteous, into the
valley of Adam- Ondi-Ahman, and there bestowed upon them his last
blessing. And the Lord appeared unto them, and they rose up and
blessed Adam, and called him Michael the Prince, the Archangel. And the
Lord administered comfort unto Adam, and said unto him, I have set thee to
be at the head: a multitude of nations shall come of thee; and thou
art a prince over them forever.
<Adam Proph ciied.>
29. And Adam stood up in the midst of the congregation and notwithstanding
he was bowed down with age, being full of the Holy Ghost, predicted
whatsoever should befal his prosterity unto the latest generation. These
things were all written in the Book of Enoch, and are to be testified
of in due time.
<Duty of the Twelve>
30. It is the duty of the twelve, also, to ordain and set in order all the
other officers of the church agreeably to the revelation which says;
31. To the
church of Christ in the land of Zion, in—