30731

Revised Plan of the House of the Lord, circa 10 August–circa 4 September 1833

Revised Plan of the House of the Lord, circa 10 August–circa 4 September 1833

Section 1

Door 5 feet
17
No. 166 feet wide
Door
12 by 14
No 9
139 by 14

Section 2

61 feet wideEast
10 feet taken off for an entry and stairway
555
6No 156No 156
777
888
6 feet wide

Section 3

Door 5 feet
17
6 feet wide
DoorNo 16
12 by 14
No 9
9 by 1413

Section 4

No 12
No 14
North18
97 feet Long45 feet by 14
4 feet wide
No 10
9 by 14
13

Section 5

No 20
18
25 by 12½18No 1825 by 12½
18
No 11No 11
No 20
6 feet wide

Section 6

No 12
No 14
45 by 14 feet
18South
4 feet wide
No 10
9 by 14
13

Section 7

No 12
12 by 14
No 9

Section 8

Swing Table 19
444
3No 153No 153
222
No 1No 11
6 by 149 by 146 by 14
West

Section 9

No 12
12 by 14
No 9
Drawn by F. G. Williams

28 Oct. 1787–10 Oct. 1842. Ship’s pilot, teacher, physician, justice of the peace. Born at Suffield, Hartford Co., Connecticut. Son of William Wheeler Williams and Ruth Granger. Moved to Newburg, Cuyahoga Co., Ohio, 1799. Practiced Thomsonian botanical system...

View Full Bio
[p. [2]]

Section 1

Frederick G. Williams handwriting begins.  


Door 5 feet
17
No. 166 feet wide
Door
12 by 14
No 9
139 by 14

Section 2

61 feet wideEast
10 feet taken off  for an entry and stairway
555
6No 156No 156
777
888
6 feet wide

Section 3

Door 5 feet
17
6 feet wide
DoorNo 16
12 by 14
No 9
9 by 1413

Section 4

No 12
No 14
North18
97 feet Long45 feet by 14
4 feet wide
No 10
9 by 14
13

Section 5

No 20
18
25 by 12½18No 1825 by 12½
18
No 11No 11
No 20
6 feet wide

Section 6

No 12
No 14
45 by 14 feet
18South
4 feet wide
No 10
9 by 14
13

Section 7

No 12
12 by 14
No 9

Section 8

Swing Table 19
444
3No 153No 153
222
No 1No 11
6 by 149 by 146 by 14
West

Section 9

No 12
12 by 14
No 9
Drawn by F. G. Williams

28 Oct. 1787–10 Oct. 1842. Ship’s pilot, teacher, physician, justice of the peace. Born at Suffield, Hartford Co., Connecticut. Son of William Wheeler Williams and Ruth Granger. Moved to Newburg, Cuyahoga Co., Ohio, 1799. Practiced Thomsonian botanical system...

View Full Bio
[p. [2]]
PreviousNext
Revised Plan of the House of the Lord

The official name for the sacred edifice in Kirtland, Ohio, later known as the Kirtland temple; also the official name for other planned religious structures in Missouri. JS and the Latter-day Saints also referred to the House of the Lord in Kirtland as “...

View Glossary
, [Kirtland Township

Located ten miles south of Lake Erie. Settled by 1811. Organized by 1818. Population in 1830 about 55 Latter-day Saints and 1,000 others; in 1838 about 2,000 Saints and 1,200 others; in 1839 about 100 Saints and 1,500 others. Mormon missionaries visited township...

More Info
, Geauga Co., OH], ca. 10 Aug.–ca. 4 Sept. 1833; text in handwriting of Oliver Cowdery

3 Oct. 1806–3 Mar. 1850. Clerk, teacher, justice of the peace, lawyer, newspaper editor. Born at Wells, Rutland Co., Vermont. Son of William Cowdery and Rebecca Fuller. Raised Congregationalist. Moved to western New York and clerked at a store, ca. 1825–1828...

View Full Bio
and Frederick G. Williams

28 Oct. 1787–10 Oct. 1842. Ship’s pilot, teacher, physician, justice of the peace. Born at Suffield, Hartford Co., Connecticut. Son of William Wheeler Williams and Ruth Granger. Moved to Newburg, Cuyahoga Co., Ohio, 1799. Practiced Thomsonian botanical system...

View Full Bio
; drawings in handwriting of Frederick G. Williams

28 Oct. 1787–10 Oct. 1842. Ship’s pilot, teacher, physician, justice of the peace. Born at Suffield, Hartford Co., Connecticut. Son of William Wheeler Williams and Ruth Granger. Moved to Newburg, Cuyahoga Co., Ohio, 1799. Practiced Thomsonian botanical system...

View Full Bio
; four pages; CHL.
Two large leaves with drawings and writing on both sides of each leaf. The first leaf measures 26⅞ × 18⅞ inches (68 × 48 cm). The drawing on the recto of the first leaf measures 25½ × 8⅜ inches (65 × 21 cm) and is drawn with ink and watercolor. On the verso of the first leaf is a large drawing of a floor plan, which measures 24⅜ × 15¼ inches (62 × 39 cm) and is drawn with graphite, ink, and orange, or yellow, watercolor, which denotes pulpits. Much of the left edge of the recto of this first sheet is torn, obscuring some of the written text. The second leaf measures 15⅜ × 20⅜ inches (39 × 51 cm) and has one drawing on the recto and one on the verso. The drawing on the recto is of the east end of the building’s exterior, measures 13¾ × 16⅜ inches (35 × 42 cm), and is drawn with graphite, black ink, and green and orange or red watercolor. The drawing on the verso is of the west end of the building’s exterior. It is drawn with graphite and measures 11½ × 16⅜ inches (29 × 42 cm). When this document was donated to the LDS church and by whom is unknown.

Facts