TIMES AND SEASONS.
“Truth will prevail.”
Vol. III. No. 9.]- CITY OF , ILL. March, 1, 1842. -[Whole No. 45.
A FAC-SIMILE FROM THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM.
Explanation of the above Cut.
Fig. 1,—The Angel of the Lord.
2. Abraham, fastened upon an Altar.
3. The Idolatrous Priest of Elkenah attempting to offer up Abraham as a
4. The Altar for sacrifice, by the Idolatrous Priests, standing before the
Gods of Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmachrah, Korash, and Pharaoh.
5. The Idolatrous God of Elkenah.
6. The “ “ “ Libnah.
7. The “ “ “ Mahmachrah.
8. The “ “ “ Korash.
9. The “ “ “ Pharaoh.
10. Abraham in Egypt.
11. Designed to represent the pillars of Heaven, as understood by the
12. Raukeeyang, signifying expanse, or the firmament, over our heads; but
in this case, in relation to this subject, the Egyptians meant it to signify Shamau,
to be high, or the heavens: answering to the Hebrew word, Shaumahyeem. [p. ]