King, Thomas C.
25 July 18061–17 Apr. 1854.2 Merchant.3 Born in Virginia.4 Lived at Quincy, Adams Co., Illinois, by Jan. 1832.5 Served as constable, beginning Aug. 1835.6 Married Juliett Ann McDade, 9 June 1836, in Adams Co.7 Served as Adams Co. coroner, by Aug. 1836.8 Served as fireman, by 1839, at Quincy.9 Member of Bodley Masonic Lodge in Quincy, 1840.10 Served as undersheriff of Quincy, Aug. 1840.11 Listed as Junior Warden in Bodley lodge, 3 June 1842.12 With Edward Ford and James Pitman, attempted to arrest JS for complicity in attempt to kill former Missouri governor Lilburn W. Boggs, 8 Aug. 1842, in Nauvoo.13 Died at Quincy.14
- Letter to the Church in Thompson, Ohio, 6 February 1833
- Journal, December 1841–December 1842
- Appendix: Missouri Extradition Attempt, 1842–1843, Selected Documents
- Journal, December 1842–June 1844; Book 1, 21 December 1842–10 March 1843
- History, 1838–1856, volume C-1 [2 November 1838–31 July 1842]
- History, 1838–1856, volume D-1 [1 August 1842–1 July 1843]