Western Reserve College, Hudson Township, Ohio
Charter obtained for college at Hudson, 1826. 1830s curriculum consisted of theology, languages, philosophy, and mathematics. 1830 faculty consisted of president and three known permanent teachers, one of whom was assigned languages, likely Latin and Greek. Joshua Seixas taught Hebrew there, Dec. 1835–Jan. 1836, not as part of curriculum but apparently in cooperation with college. College moved to Cleveland, 1882.