Alanson Ripley and Others (Including JS), Petition, Liberty, Clay Co., MO, to George Thompkins, Jefferson City, Cole Co., MO
Between 9 and 15 March 1839
- Between 9 and 15 Mar. 1839; JS Collection, CHL; handwriting of Alexander McRae, with insertions by Elias Smith and JS; signatures of Alanson Ripley, Heber C. Kimball, William Huntington, Joseph B. Noble, and JS; certified by Abraham Shafer, with additional signatures of Alanson Ripley, Heber C. Kimball, William Huntington, Joseph B. Noble (removed), and JS (removed); attestation by Elias Smith, with additional signatures of Amasa Lyman, Henry G. Sherwood, James Newberry, Cyrus Daniels, and Erastus Snow.
- Between late Apr. and early June 1839; JS Collection, CHL; handwriting of James Sloan.
- Between 29 May and 30 Oct. 1839; JS Letterbook 2, pp. 21–24; handwriting of James Mulholland.
- Ca. 6 Mar. 1845; JS History, vol. C-1, 895–898; handwriting of Thomas Bullock.
- 12 and 19 Jan. 1854; “History of Joseph Smith,” Deseret News (Salt Lake City, Utah Territory), 12 Jan. 1854, –; 19 Jan. 1854, .