Nauvoo City Council Minute Book, 3 February 1841–8 February 1845

  • Source Note
Page 24
image
Minutes and Resolution, 23 October 1841 • Saturday
Saturday October 23rd. 1841.
City Council met agreeable to appointment:—
Meeting opened by prayer.— Minutes of last meeting Read and amended.
Upon Motion of Colr. Joseph Smith the following Resolution was adopted: after considerable discussion
Resolution, 23 October 1841
Resolved by the City Council of the City of that Certain Houses in the City of be, and the same are hereby declared to be Nuisances, to wit, a small frame House upon the Hill, near, the Lot, and old Houses upon Kimball’s Ground, namely the House wherein Mrs. Huntington Died, the House next to it on the North side, and the House wherein the family of Fisk Died, and that the House on the Hill be removed by Monday night, and the other houses in a week from this day; and that all vicious Dogs are declared to be a Nuisance and Counsellor J. Smith is hereby appointed to see that they be destroyed, also to see that all other Nuisances be removed.— Given at the City Council House. Which we Certify. Octr. 23rd.1841
Mayor.
Recorder.
 
brought forward the report of the Committee, on the Petition of Jacob G. Bigler & others (Dated September 3d 1841) for opening a Street. Petition granted & Route continued South to Mulholland Street.
The Committee appointed to view the ground to open a Street or Streets near the Lot, brought in their Report, which was amended, and adopted. That the Street be opened around Speer's Field, to meet the Prairie, and Mulholland Street to be opened entirely through the Fields.
Moved Seconded & carried that the Street, East of Warsaw Street between Mulholland, & Parley Streets, be opened. [p. 24]
Minutes and Resolution, 23 October 1841 • Saturday
Saturday October 23rd. 1841.
City Council met agreeable to appointment:—
Meeting opened by prayer.— Minutes of last meeting Read and amended.
Upon Motion of Colr. Joseph Smith the following Resolution was adopted: after considerable discussion
Resolution, 23 October 1841
Resolved by the City Council of the City of that Certain Houses in the City of be, and the same are hereby declared to be Nuisances, to wit, a small frame House upon the Hill, near, the Lot, and old Houses upon Kimball’s Ground, namely the House wherein Mrs. Huntington Died, the House next to it on the North side, and the House wherein the family of Fisk Died, and that the House on the Hill be removed by Monday night, and the other houses in a week from this day; and that all vicious Dogs are declared to be a Nuisance and Counsellor J. Smith is hereby appointed to see that they be destroyed, also to see that all other Nuisances be removed.— Given at the City Council House. Which we Certify. Octr. 23rd.1841
Mayor.
Recorder.
 
brought forward the report of the Committee, on the Petition of Jacob G. Bigler & others (Dated September 3d 1841) for opening a Street. Petition granted & Route continued South to Mulholland Street.
The Committee appointed to view the ground to open a Street or Streets near the Lot, brought in their Report, which was amended, and adopted. That the Street be opened around Speer's Field, to meet the Prairie, and Mulholland Street to be opened entirely through the Fields.
Moved Seconded & carried that the Street, East of Warsaw Street between Mulholland, & Parley Streets, be opened. [p. 24]
Page 24