New Content on Joseph Smith Papers Website
The Joseph Smith Papers Project announces the addition of the following new content to its website, josephsmithpapers.org:
- Images and transcripts for Joseph Smith’s Bible Revision manuscripts (Old Testament Revision 2, New Testament Revision 1, New Testament Revision 2); and images of the Bible used for the revision.
- More than one hundred documents from August to December 1842, including letters, land deeds, and Nauvoo city council resolutions.
- Documents from the Nauvoo Mayor’s Court from 1841 to 1844.
- A topic article pointing to dozens of documents that shed further light on the Council of Fifty in Nauvoo, Illinois, including several Joseph Smith documents from 1844.
- New and updated reference material, including twenty-eight new biographical entries, eighteen new geographical entries, three new glossary entries, and more than two hundred new and updated chronology entries.
Additionally, the project is pleased to announce updates to the website that will significantly improve the user experience:
- The Browse the Papers page is now mobile friendly and has improved navigation.
- The Document Viewer is also mobile friendly and has a number of new features, including the ability to view footnotes at the bottom of the page, better print capability, the ability to view the entire transcript as a single page, a resizable image/transcript pane, the ability to download low-resolution images, and an automatically generated Chicago-style page citation.