- Kirtland Township
- Geauga County (now in Lake County)
- United States of America
Kirtland Mills (post office), Kirtland Township, Ohio
Jessee, Dean C., ed. and comp. The Personal Writings of Joseph Smith. Rev. ed. Salt Lake City: Deseret Book; Provo, UT: Brigham Young University Press, 2002.
U.S. Post Office Department. Records of Appointment of Postmasters, Oct. 1789–1832. National Archives Microfilm Publications, microcopy M1131, reel 4. Washington DC: National Archives, 1980.
Cowdery, Oliver. Letterbook, 1833–1838. Henry E. Huntington Library, San Marino, CA.
Kimball, Heber C. Collection, 1837–1898. CHL. MS 12476.
Phelps, William W. Letter, Kirtland Mills, OH, to Sally Waterman Phelps, Liberty, MO, 16–18 Sept. 1835. Private possession. Copy at CHL. MS 4587.
Western Americana Collection. Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University, New Haven, CT.
Staker, Mark L. Hearken, O Ye People: The Historical Setting of Joseph Smith’s Ohio Revelations. Salt Lake City: Greg Kofford Books, 2009.
- History, 1838–1856, volume A-1 [23 December 1805–30 August 1834]
- Letter from Oliver Cowdery, 8 April 1831
- Deed from Peter and Sarah French, 5 October 1836
- Deed from William and Rosannah Robinson Marks, 11 February 1841–A
- Deed to Caroline Grant Smith, 11 December 1836
- Deed to William Marks, 7 April 1837
- Letter from Church Leaders in Kirtland, 16 November 1841
- Letter from John Whitmer, 29 July 1833
- Letter from Oliver Cowdery, 28 January 1832
- Letter to Edward Partridge and Others, 14 January 1833
- Letter to Church Leaders in Jackson County, Missouri, 10 August 1833
- Letter to Church Leaders in Jackson County, Missouri, 6 August 1833
- Letter to Church Leaders in Jackson County, Missouri, 25 June 1833
- Letter to Edward Partridge and Others, 10 December 1833
- Letter to Emma Smith, 18 May 1834
- Letter to Hyrum Smith, 3–4 March 1831
- Letter to J. G. Fosdick, 3 February 1834
- Letter to Martin Harris, 22 February 1831
- Letter to Moses Nickerson, 19 November 1833
- Letter to Sally Waterman Phelps, 20 July 1835
- Letter to Silas Smith, 26 September 1833
- Letter to Vienna Jaques, 4 September 1833
- Letter to William W. Phelps, 31 July 1832
- Letterbook 1
- Letterbook 2
- Lucy Mack Smith, History, 1845
- Mortgage to Peter French, 5 October 1836