Nelson Township, Ohio
Located about nineteen miles southeast of Kirtland Township and immediately east of Hiram Township. Settled by New Englanders, 1800. Population in 1820 about 400. Population in 1830 about 900. Agricultural region producing grass, wheat, and fruit. John Whitmer and Lyman Wight established branch of LDS church in township, spring 1831. JS presided over conference held in township, 6 Sept. 1831, which voted to silence Ezra Booth.