The Holy Bible, Containing the Old and New Testaments Translated Out of the Original Tongues: And with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised, by His Majesty’s Special Command. Authorized King James Version with Explanatory Notes and Cross References to the Standard Works of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Salt Lake City: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1979.
The Book of Mormon: An Account Written by the Hand of Mormon, upon Plates Taken from the Plates of Nephi. Palmyra, NY: E. B. Grandin, 1830.
Hayden, Amos Sutton. Early History of the Disciples in the Western Reserve, Ohio: With Biographical Sketches of the Principal Agents in their Religious Movement. Cincinnati: Chase and Hall, 1875.
A title indicating one sent forth to preach; later designated as a specific ecclesiastical and priesthood office. By 1830, JS and Oliver Cowdery were designated as apostles. The “Articles and Covenants” of the church explained that an “apostle is an elder...View Glossary
A male leader in the church generally; an ecclesiastical and priesthood office or one holding that office; a proselytizing missionary. The Book of Mormon explained that elders ordained priests and teachers and administered “the flesh and blood of Christ unto...View Glossary
- Appendix 3: “Articles of the Church of Christ,” June 1829
- Letter from Oliver Cowdery, 28 January 1832
- Letter to Vienna Jaques, 4 September 1833
- License for John Whitmer, 9 June 1830
- Minutes, 1 September 1831
- Revelation, 12 November 1831 [D&C 70]
- Revelation, 23 February 1831 [D&C 42:74–93]
- Revelation, 3 November 1831 [D&C 133]
- Revelation, 30 August 1831 [D&C 63]
- Revelation, 31 August 1831
- Revelation, 4 December 1831–A [D&C 72:1–8]
- Revelation, 9 February 1831 [D&C 42:1–72]
- Revelation, June 1829–B [D&C 18]
- Revelation, circa 8 March 1831–A [D&C 46]
- Revelations printed in Evening and Morning Star, January 1835–June 1836
- Revelations printed in The Evening and the Morning Star, June 1832–June 1833