- McDonough County
- United States of America
McDonough County, Illinois
Peck, J. M. A Gazetteer of Illinois, in Three Parts: Containing a General View of the State. . . . 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Grigg and Elliot, 1837.
Chapin, William. A Complete Reference Gazetteer of the United States of North America; Containing a General View of the United States. . . . New York: W. Chapin and J. B. Taylor, 1839.
Forstall, Richard L., comp. Population of States and Counties of the United States: 1790 to 1990. From the Twenty-One Decennial Censuses. Washington DC: U.S. Bureau of the Census, 1996.
- History, 1838–1856, volume C-1 [2 November 1838–31 July 1842]
- Bond to Justis Morse, 14 July 1840
- History, 1838–1856, volume E-1 [1 July 1843–30 April 1844]
- History, 1838–1856, volume F-1 [1 May 1844–8 August 1844]
- Journal, 1839
- Letter from John Vance, 1 November 1841
- Letterbook 2
- Lucy Mack Smith, History, 1844–1845
- Lucy Mack Smith, History, 1845