Town/City
Fairport (now Fairport Harbor)
Township
Painesville Township
County
Geauga County (now in Lake County)
State/Province
Ohio
Country
United States of America

Fairport, Ohio

Summary

Situated on southern shore of Lake Erie; area originally called Grandon; settled 1803.1 Located twelve miles northeast of Kirtland.2 Harbor established at mouth of Grand River, by 1812.3 Harbor became significant port.4 Name officially changed to Fairport, 14 Mar. 1836.5 Port used by early LDS converts immigrating to Kirtland area, by May 1831, and by departing and returning missionaries.6

Links