Peruse New Documents and Tools on Our Website
We recently added a substantial amount of new content to our website and invite you to explore it:
- Approximately 150 documents from January to March 1843, including letters, discourses, land deeds, and resolutions of the Nauvoo City Council. Highlights include
- The Nauvoo City Council Minute Book, 3 February 1841–8 February 1845 and the rough minutes for city council meetings in 1841.
- Legal papers from the Nauvoo Mayor’s Court and Nauvoo Municipal Court.
- Footnotes for volume D-1 of the Manuscript History of the Church, directing readers to the sources used to compile the history.
- A Topics page highlighting Joseph Smith’s perspective on Religious Freedom.
- An index linking passages in Joseph Fielding Smith’s compilation Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith to the earliest known primary sources, the majority of which are available on our website.