Bolton Township, New York
Settled beginning 1792. Formed from Thurman Township, 25 Mar. 1799. Lost area to formation of other townships, 1807, 1810, and 1838. Population in 1830 about 1,500. Population in 1840 about 900. Included post village of Bolton. Branch of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints established in Bolton, by 20 Dec. 1832. Two township residents signed statement regarding JS’s character, 1834. Brethren from township attended high council meeting at Kirtland, Ohio, 18 Jan. 1835, to discuss possible move to Zion.