- Dallas County
- United States of America
Town in central Alabama, located ninety-two miles west of Montgomery. Situated at confluence of Cahaba and Alabama rivers. Incorporated 3 Dec. 1819. Established as county seat, 13 Dec. 1819. Capital of Alabama, 1820–1825. Due to frequent flooding, state legislature decided to relocate capital, 1825. Unidentified individual wrote to JS from town, 23 Sept. 1843, requesting information about Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.