Located about fifteen miles southeast of Kirtland Township. Population in 1830 about 700. Population in 1840 about 1,200. Missionaries appointed to preach in township, 5 Dec. 1832. John P. Greene directed to move to Parkman and take charge of branch of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in township. Noah Packard presided over branch in township, after Sept. 1833.