Gates, Thomas, Sr.
7 May 1776–22 June 1851. Farmer. Born in Henniker, Hillsborough Co., New Hampshire. Son of Isaac Gates and Mary. Moved to Acworth, Cheshire Co., New Hampshire, by 1790. Married Patty Plumley, before 1805 and likely before 1800. Moved to St. Johnsbury, Caledonia Co., Vermont, by 1810; to Waterford, Caledonia Co., by 1820; and back to St. Johnsbury, by 1830. Baptized into Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1833. Ordained a seventy, by Apr. 1836. Member of Zion high council in Far West, Caldwell Co., Missouri, beginning 14 Mar. 1838. Appointed to high council of Crooked Creek branch, in Hancock Co., Illinois, 29 July 1840. Migrated to Salt Lake Valley, 1847. Moved to Weber Co., Utah Territory, by 1850. Died in Ogden, Weber Co.
- History, 1838–1856, volume C-1 [2 November 1838–31 July 1842]
- Doctrine and Covenants, 1835
- F. G. Williams & Co. Account Book, October 1833–November 1835
- History, 1838–1856, volume B-1 [1 September 1834–2 November 1838]
- License Record Book
- License for Thomas Gates Jr., 1 April 1836
- Minute Book 1
- Minute Book 2
- Minutes and Discourses, 7–8 March 1835
- Minutes, 15 January 1836
- Minutes, 15 March 1838
- Minutes, 17 August 1835