Township
Kirtland Township
County
Geauga County (now in Lake County)
State/Province
Ohio
Country
United States of America

French farm, Kirtland Township, Ohio

Summary

Consisted of 103 acres formerly owned by Peter French. Purchased for Church of Jesus Christ of Latter–day Saints for $5,000, 1833. Area used to build houses, including JS’s; community buildings, such as new schoolhouse; and House of the Lord. Kirtland residents called area “French farm” as late as 1838. Much of land later deeded to John Johnson.

Links