14 Oct. 1813–9 Apr. 1900. Farmer. Born in Stone Arabia, Montgomery Co., New York. Son of Peter Markell and Elizabeth Koch. Baptized into Reformed Dutch Church, 29 Jan. 1814, at Stone Arabia. Elected as constable, 3 Apr. 1837, in Kirtland, Geauga Co., Ohio. Named as constable in legal cases involving JS, 1837. Married Charlotte Webster, 9 June 1840, in Painesville, Lake Co., Ohio. Moved to Mentor, Lake Co., by June 1850. Moved to Madison, Lake Co., by June 1870. Returned to Mentor, by June 1880. Died at Mentor.
- Agreement, 4 January 1838
- Docket Entry, Costs, circa 10 June 1837 [ State of Ohio v. JS for Threatening to Take Life ]
- Docket Entry, between 18 and circa 23 December 1837 [ Foster Sr. v. Luke Johnson et al. ]
- Docket Entry, circa 29 June 1837 [ Fisher v. Stratton ]
- Docket Entry, circa 31 July 1837 [ Rigdon, Smith & Cowdery for the use of JS v. Woodworth ]
- Docket Entry, circa 8 January 1838 [ Allen v. JS et al. ]
- Introduction to Allen v. JS et al.
- Introduction to Foster Sr. v. Luke Johnson et al.