Nauvoo City Council Minute Book, 3 February 1841–8 February 1845

  • Source Note
Page 42
image
Containing several Rules & Regulations for the City Council, embracing the Order of proceeding in Council, the Rights & priviledges of the Members, & Duties of the officers &c, which was read, & Referred to the Committee on Municipal Laws.
The Committee to whom a Petition was referred, respecting a Street which Colr. Petitioned for, & wished to be opened, brought in their Report, which was received, & the Petition granted, by the following Resoln..
Resolution, 22 January 1842–A
Resolved by the City Council of the City of , that Harris Street be opened from the , running East till near Mr. Baties West Line, thence South one Block thence East to the East Line of Mr. Moffitts Farm, thence South two Blocks to the North Line of s Farm, thence East to the Eastern Bounds of the .
passed Jan.y. 22nd. 1842.
, Mayor.
— Recorder.
 
The Committee to whom was referred the Petition for the opening a Street running on the South side of the , between Hibbard & Doil, from the East to the limits of the , brought in their Report, upon which , , , , & spoke in debate, & same was adopted as follows.
Resolution, 22 January 1842–B
Resolved <​by​> the City Council of the City of , that the Street Seven Rods North of the Line running on the South side of the , (between Hibbard & Doil from the East to the limits of the ,) be opened, as it has been Surveyed, & is on the best Ground, & that it vary a little where it is now laid, from the Creek by Caspers East, and to extend no further West at this time, than the first Street East of Warsaw Street.
Passed Jan.y. 22nd. 1842.
, Mayor.
Recorder.
 
The Committee on the petition for the opening of Back Street, brought in their Report, which was accepted, [p. 42]
Containing several Rules & Regulations for the City Council, embracing the Order of proceeding in Council, the Rights & priviledges of the Members, & Duties of the officers &c, which was read, & Referred to the Committee on Municipal Laws.
The Committee to whom a Petition was referred, respecting a Street which Colr. Petitioned for, & wished to be opened, brought in their Report, which was received, & the Petition granted, by the following Resoln..
Resolution, 22 January 1842–A
Resolved by the City Council of the City of , that Harris Street be opened from the , running East till near Mr. Baties West Line, thence South one Block thence East to the East Line of Mr. Moffitts Farm, thence South two Blocks to the North Line of s Farm, thence East to the Eastern Bounds of the .
passed Jan.y. 22nd. 1842.
, Mayor.
— Recorder.
 
The Committee to whom was referred the Petition for the opening a Street running on the South side of the , between Hibbard & Doil, from the East to the limits of the , brought in their Report, upon which , , , , & spoke in debate, & same was adopted as follows.
Resolution, 22 January 1842–B
Resolved by the City Council of the City of , that the Street Seven Rods North of the Line running on the South side of the , (between Hibbard & Doil from the East to the limits of the ,) be opened, as it has been Surveyed, & is on the best Ground, & that it vary a little where it is now laid, from the Creek by Caspers East, and to extend no further West at this time, than the first Street East of Warsaw Street.
Passed Jan.y. 22nd. 1842.
, Mayor.
Recorder.
 
The Committee on the petition for the opening of Back Street, brought in their Report, which was accepted, [p. 42]
Page 42